Therapy for creatives and couples who want more authenticity and connection in their lives.
(scroll down for couples)
Do you want to strengthen your relationships or overcome anxiety? I enjoy working with smart and creative people who are motivated to learn more about themselves and others, conquer self-doubt or perfectionism, and heal from events in the past that are still holding them back.
Here are some reasons you might be seeking therapy:
* You grew up in a conservative culture that prevented you from expressing your authentic self
* Anxiety or self-doubt are keeping you from pursuing your dreams or taking actions that are important to you
* You're so smart that you're often in your head but you have trouble getting in touch with what you're feeling, and it's impacting your relationships negatively
* You're struggling with existential malaise and you're not sure what your purpose is
* You're grappling with how to live authentically in a very messed up world or dealing with systemic oppression
Therapy can help you reconnect with who you are, discover your voice, and learn skills for managing anxiety or relationship issues. You will have space to express yourself, be heard, be seen, and heal from what hurt you in the past.
I would love to hear from you. Contact me so we can chat about what you're looking for and whether working together is a good fit.
Are you and your partner both perfectionistic high achievers who struggle with needing to be "right," so you have a hard time with compromise?
Are you idealistic creatives who care about the world, but your life goals are going in different directions and you're wondering if the relationship can continue despite that?
Here are some other reasons you might be seeking couples therapy -
* Your fights are depressing, demoralizing and full of negative communication like contempt, criticism or defensiveness
* You or your partner had an affair
* There is an unequal distribution of labor in the home (domestic, mental, emotional or childcare) and you're feeling resentful of your partner
* You're about to make a big life commitment such as buying a house together or having a child, and you want some pre-marital sessions to check up on your relationship
* You care about each other but somehow aren't able to connect in the deep way that you long for...you've grown apart over time
Relationships take work. The good news is that if you're willing to put in that work, you can deal with these challenges that you're facing and your relationship can come out stronger.
When we work together, no one will be singled out as the "bad guy" or the reason for the relationship problem. Rather, we'll explore what's happening between you and in the broader context of your lives. The work will be experiential - you will be practicing communicating in healthier ways, learning new skills for compromise, and coming to a deeper understanding of each other.
I'm trained in Gottman Levels 1-3, and Emotion Focused Therapy, which are evidence-based gold-standards for helping couples improve their relationships. I worked for 3 years teaching Healthy Relationships workshops full-time in the Finger Lakes, NY. I love learning about relationships and helping others to grow and nourish theirs. Healthy relationships are essential to wellbeing.
My favorite couples to work with are smart, motivated, creative and care about the world.
It takes work to heal, but if you're willing to go there, you can deepen your relationships with yourself and others and start showing up fully in your life.
Living a meaningful life in this crazy world is worth doing...and it is possible.
Reconnect with yourself, each other, and the good earth we live on.
therapy for creatives
Overcome anxiety and self-doubt, heal from broken relationships or trauma in your past, learn how to bring your best self to relationships, and become who you truly are.
Heal from past trauma or affairs, learn how to communicate effectively and compromise, deepen your emotional intimacy and rediscover why you chose each other.
hi, i'm susanna
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
I’m a therapist + musician who loves working with people on their journeys to healthier relationships and becoming their most authentic selves. Trees, books, stringed instruments and meditating outside make me really happy.
In our work together, I want to help you tap into your own creativity and inner wisdom while also helping you develop skills to live a purposeful life, strengthen your relationships, and reach your goals as a couple or an individual.
I'm Italian/white and value working with clients from diverse racial and socioeconomic backgrounds. My practice is LGBTQI affirming and anti-racist.
10 Signs you Have Religious Trauma
(or have survived spiritual abuse, a cult, or high-control group)
Religious trauma is the pain that's caused by experiencing groups or individuals who abuse their power in a religious context in order to gain power and control instead of create more love in the world. Whether you grew up in an authoritarian group or joined as an adult, you may be experiencing the effects of religious trauma.
This free list will help you understand signs and symptoms of religious trauma.